Solved my R6 gas...bought a 6D

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gipper51 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,183
Solved my R6 gas...bought a 6D

Crazy right?! I decided a wanted a 2nd FF body to backup my 5D4 for my upcoming photo gigs rather than relying on my 7D2. I was attempting to use this as an excuse to justify buying the R6, but couldn't convince myself . In then end, I bought a 6D with 24-105L from ebay for a nice price. Seller was only a couple hours away so I drove out to meet yesterday and do the exchange.

I've owned a 6D previously and really enjoyed it for quite a few years. I'm happy to have this little gem back in the collection. After shooting a 5D4/7D2 combo for the last year the body really does feel basic now, but that's part of the charm. No fuss, no frills, basic AF, just shoot. It still delivers.

This camera will be a minor 'camera surgery experiment' for me also. The body is super clean, practically new really. But there's two items I plan to address. First, the LCD screen glass has some scratches, more than I like. Second, the mirror dampening foam is starting to come off; foam is separating from the tape. Both are easy fixes, and parts are already on order. Surprisingly the LCD cover glass was not easy to find, it's coming from the UK.

And amazingly, being a Canon shooter since 2010 I've yet to own the 24-105L. Excited to put this lens through its paces as well. Only taken a few random test shots around the house, but so far I like what I'm seeing from it.

No real point to my rambling here, but just saying there is still a lot of enjoyment to be had from these older, yet highly capable cameras. Getting a new camera doesn't always have to mean a newcamera

-- hide signature --
 gipper51's gear list:gipper51's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM +14 more
Canon EOS 6D Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow