Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
The Davinator
The Davinator Forum Pro • Posts: 24,499
Re: And still not "there"

T O Shooter wrote:

PHXAZCRAIG wrote:

T O Shooter wrote:

And the world will quickly change to a new paradigm with both DSLRs and ML being a dead end. ML technology is not as good as DSLRs in many ways - just different.

And let's remember that the world WAS using mirrorless before SLR's came along.

And they're still only "getting there" Some day, just not today.

Not just getting there...better in many ways.  Higher frame rates...EVF that can be seen in near dark, superior video experience, IBIS.  After many years of Nikon DSLR use both personally and professionally, I included the Z7 and find the experience of using it very good...and in many ways surpasses that of a DSLR.

You seem to take issue with those that have differing experiences and needs than you.  Maybe you need to ask yourself why you get so upset.  If you ask me, I’d say it is because you’ve tied to much of your identity to your gear...and that can only impact your work in a negative way.

And for me, maybe too late, as I'm already to "good enough" Maybe in a gen or two as a supplement to cover a specific purpose or two.

Twin-lens reflex, rangefinders - no mirrors there. Adding the mirror created new issues, but solved important ones of the day. I've still got a Yashicamat 124g, a Contax rangefinder and my Dad's old Stereo Realist. (And, I might note, a few rolls of undeveloped film from an Alaska trip in 2006. Not even sure where to get film developed anymore.)

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon Z7 +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow