Blue Light Anti Reflective Coating Glasses

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Sagar S New Member • Posts: 7
Re: Blue Light Anti Reflective Coating Glasses

Hi ,

Thought  I should share my two pence about this.

Where I am from there are few options offered for this blue light blocker/ blue light cut lenses viz ranging from 10USD to 60USD for the lens package.

I have  I think 3 of these, each end of the spectrum really. The 60USD pack lens do have a tint but its almost the same as the anti reflective coating variety pinkish sort of hue. The cheaper ones have the yellow tint and they really are yellow you would notice them when put up against white screen.

From my usage I have realised the strain I used to get from working on screen constantly has reduced with the yellow ones. Though I would not recommend it for photo editing. I work on the computer for about 10-12 hrs a day. Somedays I really would have sore and red eyes. The tint has reduced it to a large extent.

Few years back gunner optics used to offer same kind of glasses to reduce the eye strain , they were way too expensive in the range of about 300USD.

I hope this helps. Though I don't know how much. But I would recommend some sort of coating because from personal use I can see the difference.

Cheers.

Sagar S's gear list:Sagar S's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W380 Canon EOS 1000D Sony SLT-A77 Canon EF 28-90mm f/4.0-5.6 II Canon EF 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow