Bokeh battle: 50/1 vs 56/1.2 vs 110/2 vs. . . a Christmas Tree

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Blue Swan Media
OP Blue Swan Media Regular Member • Posts: 373
Re: Bokeh battle: 50/1 vs 56/1.2 vs 110/2 vs. . . a Christmas Tree

William Loney wrote:

What you need to do is spend the money to make one of those 'big ass prints,' as you call them, to satisfy your curiosity once and for all. Believe me, the money you spend on a huge print is far, far less than buying into a whole other system.

It's what I did. I was on the verge of buying into the GFX system for all of my studio work. but I thought, 'first, I'll do a little experimenting.'

I shot a portrait with my trusty X-T2, (I normally use X-T3s these days, but the 2 just happened to be on the tripod that day) and then, just to make it even more interesting, I cropped about a third of the image, making it, effectively, about 16 mpix.

Took that to my printer, told him what I was doing, what I wanted, (4' X 6' size) and had him print it up.

Well, I was astonished, quite frankly. Zero grain, zero loss of clarity or sharpness, or colour fidelity -even at close viewing distances!

Easily the best $250. I've spent in all of my decades of photographic endeavors!

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean this as a slight of the GFX system; it's just that these little X system cameras are capable of much more than a lot of us suspect!

Yes indeed - have already seen this to some extent, but I'm getting a 60" of the Grand Canyon I made with X-Pro2 and 14/2.8 a few years ago, very much looking forward to it.

-- hide signature --

www.blueswanmedia.com

Blue Swan Media's gear list:Blue Swan Media's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm GFX 50S Fujifilm X-H1 +20 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow