Just bought an X-T30 !

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
KAAMBIC
OP KAAMBIC Regular Member • Posts: 493
Re: Just bought an X-T30 !

And-roid wrote:

KAAMBIC wrote:

I love tech, i love testing and trying new stuff. Owning well over 20 different cameras in the last 9 years, Fuji is the only major brand that escaped me. Many times i debated it, researched a bunch of info and ended up with something else. Not this time.

6mo ago i was shopping, it was down to the EM1-II, M6II and X-T30. I chose the Olympus as i already had 4 lenses for it, but i never stopped thinking of the Fuji, so here i am. Every time i watch a video in Eterna im salivating, and it's the ONLY system i could trust jpegs only and not fuss with raws.

I also have an M50 i just sold (still have my Olympus), in about a week i will be using that cash to get my first FX lens, since im a portrait guy im going with the Viltrox 56. All advice tips n tricks are welcome, looking forward to playing around with the 120 slowmo and exploring the Fuji jpeg presets to find my favorites.

I can't wait!

Seems odd that you'd go x-t30 when x-s10 offers a lot more for your money, ie ibis and essentially x-t4 functionality/performance.

I did look at it, the XT3 as well with that new FW now. But i got this XT30 for $600 US so it kinda comes down to lenses and budget, i have a limit up front of about a grand right now, so i could get the XS10 with no lens, or get the 30 with one of the Viltrox portrait lenses. I also have a few Nikon/Canon lenses i will use with a dumb adapter for now.

Down the road i will definitely look at the XS10 as an upgrade but couldn't do it right now. I also still have my EM1-II which has fantastic IBIS and can record very good C4k. I may eventually sell off my MFT kit (body and 4 lenses) which will pay for most of something like the XS10 but that's a decision for a bit later.

-- hide signature --

"You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear" -

KAAMBIC's gear list:KAAMBIC's gear list
Nikon D300 Fujifilm X-S10 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow