Please Help! Dental Photography with Fuji X-Pro2 & 80mm macro lens

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
BJ60EH Forum Member • Posts: 76
Re: Please Help! Dental Photography with Fuji X-Pro2 & 80mm macro lens

YJNYC wrote:

Hello,

I am a dentist and have been trying to use this gorgeous camera for the dental photography. Yet, I can't seem to figure out how to use it. Please note I am a novice in photography and tried to watch several youtube videos, but still in vain.

Can anyone help me to set it up right?

Again I am using Fuji xPro2 with Fuji XF 80mm F2.8 macro lens and bolt ring flash.

It's either too dark, or too fuzzy/blurry that it's never a quality that I would like to see.

My setting was

F stop: 22mm

ISO: 100

Shutter Speed: 250

I am willing to purchase anything that would give me a good result.

Thank you in advance for any help!

I've never done dental photography, but it seems to me that you are using F22 on the lens? Try opening it up to F8 or so, it will let in a lot more light. Turn up the power on your flash if you can, or put it on TTL if it supports that. And maybe put the shutter speed down to 1/125 and it will let in more ambient light. Give those settings a try and you will be letting a lot more light in.

BJ60EH's gear list:BJ60EH's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm 50-230mm Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow