Family photo shoot advice

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Parks71a Regular Member • Posts: 396
Family photo shoot advice

I know this is a nikon forum but since I shoot a Z6 and this is the only place I post I hope it's appropriate for here

Just got a 50 1.8 anticipating a FREE family photo shoot for a coworker, was really looking forward to it. This is my second free photo shoot in the past few weeks and I've run into the same issue both times.

The husbands are complete asses. They don't want to be there, they make it loud and clear with snarky comments from the start. Comments like, I hope this doesn't take long, or my favorite photo will be the one of us leaving. I laugh it off and just say something like I'll try to make it as quick and painless as possible.

The problem is, it keeps on going during the entire shoot. They keep making jokes and talking during the shooting screwing up all the photos. The kids are way better behaved than the husbands.

What I really want to say is this means a lot to your wife so suck it up and shut up for 45 mins but obviously I'm not going to say that.

Laughing it off seems to just promote the poor behavior and it's obvious the wife's get upset with the husbands acting like a 2 year old pouting they have to have their photos taken. The guy today wouldn't even do couples shots, I felt horrible for my coworker with her husband I've never met treating her like this. The jerk continued to sneak on his sunglasses every chance he got thinking he's funny and its tough enough getting the kids to stay focued. He was purposely screwing up the photos.

I wanted to do this for fun after getting a decent portfolio but it's tough watching grown men be jerks to their loved ones. Any advice on this type of behavior? Thanks.

Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow