Fallen

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
SteveS58 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,702
Re: Fallen

Tusk24 wrote:

Other than the concerning situation that you came upon, so many things to compliment about this image: the low angle that you shot this at, the woman on the right with her nervous fingers to her lips, the graffiti on the wall, the man's unconscious body in coordination with the leading lines of the photo... I thought of Weegee when I saw this. I hope he's OK.

Steve

Thanks for your comments.

I’m not always on this forum but I do recall the name Weegee on this and other forums on DPR previously and didn’t know he’d been unwell. Like you, I hope he has better days ahead and wish him well.

Weegee, a storied street photographer known for racing to police calls and shooting the crowds assembled:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weegee

Steve

Oops! Looks like I was on a different wavelength there completely Steve; I was thinking of a DPR member who has the username Weegee and not the famous press photographer you referenced. I’d heard of that press photographer previously but didn’t know/couldn’t remember his name. Now I do, thanks to your link.

He was a New Yorker, so in my radar😀

Steve

-- hide signature --

Steve Schulman
Steve Schulman Photography

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow