From GX85 to E-P5

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
rsmithgi Senior Member • Posts: 2,350
Re: From GX85 to E-P5

I'm in the opposite place. I have been shooting with an E-M1.1 and E-P5 for four years. I really like the E-P5 and use it primarily when I want to go smaller. I have had two Peak Design sling bags setup the same way for the whole time. Larger bag with the E-M1.1 with 12-40 and 40-150 pro zooms. Smaller bag with the E-P5 and a collection of primes, 17mm, 25mm, 45mm. About two years ago I added the 14-150mm zoom that I use on either.

Two weeks ago I bought the E-M5.3 with the intention of "replacing" both. I am likely to keep the E-M1.1 because I have the grip and AC adapter and a long tethering cable. That gives me some capabilities that the E-M5.3 does not have. It will also serve as a backup camera.

The question is what to do with the E-P5 and VF-4 viewfinder. I did a side by side comparison of the E-P5 with VF-4 and the E-M5.3 and I must say that the VF-4 is really nice.

I just checked and the E-P5 only has a 7095 shutter count. It is a silver model in excellent condition. I will most likely going to sell it because it would be a shame to have it just sitting around and I'm not likely to grab it instead of the E-M5.3.

I purchased it from the Olympus reconditioned store. I got the top plate replaced under warranty due to the rear dial skipping right after I got it and have had no issues with it since. The good news is that I got a great deal on it. I only paid $194. I should be able to get back most of what I paid for it.

rsmithgi's gear list:rsmithgi's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow