Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
Morris0
OP Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 18,922
Re: Wood Ducks

dzba wrote:

Morris0 wrote:

BGD300V1 wrote:

Morris0 wrote:

I took this sitting with my feet handing off the rock retaining wall at the edge of Kissena Lake after waiting for the ducks to swim near me.

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris

I think the complete head of the female would have added to the image even if it is soft. I like the line from her eye to his but think it would be enhanced with a full face shot.

Thank you Brian,

Just a touch more to have the whole eye patch would have made me happier. She surprised me when she entered the frame and I dropped the shutter and by the time I recomposed she was behind him. Sometimes we have to take the safety shot and live with the imperfections.

Morris

I really like this one Morris. Yes in a perfect world things would work out different. Especially with wildlife, we are usually limited in approaches or options. Many times I find myself saying thank you and settle with less than ideal situations. Get that shot as the chance presents itself, and then try for perfect later. Wait, and you may not get anything, let alone better.

Wood ducks I wish I saw more of. This one is a treat to view.

Mike

Thank you Mike,

It is a valuable lesson to take a safety shot.  You never know

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow