New Grandma - best camera option?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Pointbass
Pointbass Junior Member • Posts: 32
Re: New Grandma - best camera option?

linux99 wrote:

Friend of mine is going to become a grandma for the first time. She's really not that interested in photography but is VERY interested in nice pictures of grandkids.

As the “grandpa” who happens to be a decent shooter, I can tell you, definitively, that the huge majority of the pics my wife and D-I-L love come from iPhones. Yes, the REALLY nice pics that get enlarged and printed come from shots I did, but the everyday stuff that they show to friends comes from the phone.

You simply cannot beat the ease or convenience of smartphones, and in particular, iPhones. Instant access to pics of the kids taken at 10:30 am and then shown to friends at 11:15. Sure, it’s nice to have great IQ when enlarging, but that is maybe 1 out of every couple of hundred snaps at best.

Use the phone ...

Pointbass's gear list:Pointbass's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon D70s Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
YWG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow