Wood Ducks

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
dzba Senior Member • Posts: 1,606
Re: Wood Ducks

Morris0 wrote:

BGD300V1 wrote:

Morris0 wrote:

I took this sitting with my feet handing off the rock retaining wall at the edge of Kissena Lake after waiting for the ducks to swim near me.

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris

I think the complete head of the female would have added to the image even if it is soft. I like the line from her eye to his but think it would be enhanced with a full face shot.

Thank you Brian,

Just a touch more to have the whole eye patch would have made me happier. She surprised me when she entered the frame and I dropped the shutter and by the time I recomposed she was behind him. Sometimes we have to take the safety shot and live with the imperfections.

Morris

I really like this one Morris.  Yes in a perfect world things would work out different.  Especially with wildlife, we are usually limited in approaches or options.  Many times I find myself saying thank you and settle with less than ideal situations.  Get that shot as the chance presents itself, and then try for perfect later.  Wait, and you may not get anything, let alone better.

Wood ducks I wish I saw more of.  This one is a treat to view.

Mike

-- hide signature --

"in a world where you can be anything, Be Kind ", borrowed from a Winnie the Pooh tee shirt.

dzba's gear list:dzba's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 Canon EOS Rebel T4i Nikon D7500 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow