New camera+lens for chrismtmas, help me decide

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
paolop23 New Member • Posts: 20
New camera+lens for chrismtmas, help me decide

Hello,

after using an iphone for my photography over the last years, i've decided to get myself a real camera again, instead of spending $1200 on the newest iphone.

I'm interested in a mirrorless system with a good do-it-all lens in the 24-200mm focal length range for max around $2000. I don't want more than one lens because of convenience and coz i'm not sure if my iphone 11 is really worse for my everyday/travel/family photography. And i really want more than 100mm range for the zoo, where my phone sadly is useless.

I've been using Lightroom on the iphone (and imac in past), so i'm confident i can tweak the raw images from the camera enough to get close to what the iphone can do.

Theres cameras+lenses from different systems i've considered that seem about the same size.

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II + Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F4 IS Pro - $2050 (deal)

Sony A7 iii + Tamron 28-200mm f/2.8-5.6 Di III RXD - around $2400 (but i'm still hoping for deals)

• What would you say are the main differences for my usecase between the two systems?
  • What am i getting more for the $300 i pay more for the Sony system?
  • I've not yet found a one lens solutions that goes beyond 120mm for Panasonic G9 and Fuji X-T3, maybe you can help.
Fujifilm X-T3 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow