UPS runtime

Started Oct 30, 2020 | Questions thread
pdqgp
pdqgp Forum Pro • Posts: 10,736
Pretty Good

skyglider wrote:

Here's the answer to my question of UPS runtime:

Purchased a CyberPower CP1000PFCLCD, 1000VA, sinewave UPS. Installed the CyberPower PowerPanel software in my PC. With a 100% battery charge and while playing a movie, I pulled the a/c power plug.

System ran for 32 minutes and then the PowerPanel initiated a windows shutdown.

Sky

I tested mine the other day but the one that I put controlling our internet and security system.   Let's face it, with Covid, etc. the kids and everyone working here, when the power goes down I really wanted all the laptops in the house which will have anywhere from 2-5 perhaps more hours on average left upon a power failure to still work and be able to finish up.    It was also important during storms to still have internet working to track storms, etc via Television even if it's over  a computer.
The draw from my Cable Router, switch and Mesh network was so low my unit showed an up-time available of 681 minutes!   That's pretty awesome for just over $120.

pdqgp's gear list:pdqgp's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix 1300 Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Kodak DC240 Konica KD-400 Zoom Nikon Coolpix 995 +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
(unknown member)
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow