Is there a point in getting the ZEISS Touit 50mm f/2.8?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
HamSupLo
OP HamSupLo New Member • Posts: 23
Re: Is there a point in getting the ZEISS Touit 50mm f/2.8?

jjz2 wrote:

I mean the zeiss is a 1:1 macro so I don’t see it as comparable to any that you listed. Two diff purposes.

If you need a cheaper 1:1 macro that performs well, you could mount several versions of the nikon 60 2.8.

BJ60EH wrote:

Do you need a macro lens? If you aren't going to use it for macro and want 50mm, you can get the Fuji 50mm f2 a lot cheaper and it's whole stop faster. Or if you want some macro ability but don't mind a bit slower focus there's the 60mm 2.4 (one of my favourite lenses). It only goes to 0.5x magnification but I really enjoy the colours and image quality.

Basically the Zeiss offers macro capability over the other lenses you mentioned.

Thanks for reminding me about the 1:1 macro! I completely forgot about it. Makes a lot of sense to me.

Appreciate the suggestion on the 60mm as well. Heard about the slow focus and that the colors and IQ really make up for it!

HamSupLo's gear list:HamSupLo's gear list
Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow