Bald Eagle

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
dzba Senior Member • Posts: 1,606
Re: Bald Eagle

casey1823 wrote:

The day started out cloudy and cold, and in the tree next door I noticed a Bald Eagle sitting looking over the lake. Not the greatest pictures as the tree branches were distracting.

About an hour before sunset I noticed the eagle flying in front of my house and then land in a tree across the lake. I grabbed my camera and heading to the other side of the lake.

Both times as the Eagle finally took off it went away from my vantage point.

A pair of local nesting bald eagles here frequent a lake at a park near by.  Most times they would fly directly away.  Yet there were some times that one of them would fly right over me, no more than 10 yds above me.

Hope it stays around for a few days.

I know in my area of Colorado bald eagles are scouting out locations for nests, or if they have a nest, to return to it and "defend" their nest sjte,(according to a local bird expert at a nearby college).  Maybe this is what you're seeing?  I know their numbers are increasing, so new areas are needed.    Here they don't lay eggs before mid Mar-April, so it's still very early for eggs to be laid.

I hope you have many opps in the future to photograph your "new" eagle.

thanks for sharing these pics,

Mike

-- hide signature --

"in a world where you can be anything, Be Kind ", borrowed from a Winnie the Pooh tee shirt.

dzba's gear list:dzba's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 Canon EOS Rebel T4i Nikon D7500 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow