Olympus 150-400mm/4.5 TC in Costa Rica

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Harold66
Harold66 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,197
Re: Olympus 150-400mm/4.5 TC in Costa Rica

Petr Bambousek wrote:

Harold66 wrote:

Hello

The images are superb but there is one question that one has to ask right away . You do not use the native 4.3 ratio for your work ?

If si , I am curious as to why

Harold

Hi, I worked with classic format 3:2 for about 15 years. After my switch to Olympus gear I still see compositions in 3:2. I also set my camera to show just 3:2 format (even 4:3 is recorded to RAW) and the image fill whole LCD which is also in 3:2 format, no numbers and other informations on display are splitted. So, no special reason, I see the world in 3:2 or (many times) in 1:1 😉✌

Hello Petr

first, thank you for taking the time to answer my question

I completely understand because I have had the same experience .. but opposite because I grew in my photography with medium format film cameras so since early on learned to compose in the 4:3 or 5 :4 ratio 

I also shoot a lot of images vertically and never like the 3.2 ratio for vertical shots

this is why I choose the MFT system and not mostly for the small size like lots of MFT users

Keep up the great work 

-- hide signature --

FOLLOW me on IG @ledaylightstudio.
thedemandingtraveler.org
www.haroldglit.com
IG :thedemandingtraveler

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GR II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow