This Is Your Lens If You Like Wide Perfection

Started 4 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ProDude Senior Member • Posts: 2,212
This Is Your Lens If You Like Wide Perfection

I'd been waiting for a RF15-35 f2.8L IS USM lens as they weren't anywhere to be found, and decided to take a chance on this Sigma after reading so many glowing reports. I was not anxious to deal with the idea of a adapter in the first place for my R5, but sucked up and got it anyway.

My first 3 shots flat out blew me away. I'm a professional Real Estate shooter for a number of agencies in my area and I'd been wanting a ultra wide lens for ever to deal with the tight shooting challenges one runs into doing homes and trying to represent them as well as possible when not often being able to capture the full breath of a given room.

Right off the get go what made me look in wonder was I was not even going to have to post process the shots I took as my test. There was no distortion nor bent straight lines virtually ALL other wide lenses I'd checked out had plenty of, especially the Canon. Then the next mind blowing thing was that across the entire field of view was every feature in focus and NO chromatic aberrations. This was crazy good.

Now for the part where it would be a matter of taste. This lens is built like a war machine. A solid sculpted piece of metal with utter precision. The manual focus ring is like butter. Their is absolutely NO play in the mechanics to be had just pure precision. The glass is also a marvel. Focus speed is dead bang on and immediate which sure was encouraging due to having it on a adapter. So no fear using it that way. Finally color rendition so sublime. I can't say enough good things about this lens. Best of all it is half the price of a RF. Sigma sure did hit this out out of the park! Here's a few quick samples

-- hide signature --

Name the gear and I've probably owned it and used it.

ProDude's gear list:ProDude's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Art Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM +17 more
Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Art
Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Sigma SA Bayonet
Announced: Feb 9, 2018
ProDude's score
Average community score
Canon EOS R5 Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Art
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow