Focal length for "Misc around the house/yard shots"..I own no glass yet.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
eyesofscars0311 Regular Member • Posts: 151
Focal length for "Misc around the house/yard shots"..I own no glass yet.

With COVID my fiancé and I both work from home, we have (3) dogs....to say the least I am not getting out as much (like most).

This has really changed how I use my camera. Now 90% of the time I am laying around on the couch or out in the yard doing something when I find myself wanting to snap a photo.

For examples laying on the couch and the dogs start playing....perhaps I want to grab a quick shot.

or hey I just decorated the Christmas tree and want to grab a quick photo of my fiancé candid as she's decorating it

or hey I am in the yard raking leaves and the dogs start racing around and I want to take a shot.

I guess what I am trying to get at is what lens would you pick if you need one lens to use indoors and around the house.

That seems to be where I will get my most value right now and I have NO glass yet and just purchased an RF.

So I am in a weird position where I am battling whether not only what lens to grab for that will be my only lens for a while....and also whether it is worth grabbing the EF adapter and saving cash on a used EF lens.

Or just go straight to RF?

Cheers.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow