thunder storm Senior Member • Posts: 8,556
Re: Chrisopher Frost: RF 50mmf1.8 STM review

Sittatunga wrote:

thunder storm wrote:

MikeJ9116 wrote:

thunder storm wrote:

Ferazzzz_2011 wrote:

thunder storm wrote:

It's compact and as far as I can see from this review it will be usable for most pictures at f/4.0, and all pictures at f/5.6. I can imagine it does a better job than the RF 24-105mm stm at 50mm. It also gathers lots of light for your AF-system.

I've got me a used ef-m 32mm f/1.4 for my M50, as I think the price of the M6mkII will drop the coming years. I'm not exited with the idea of a compact too cheap lens on a chunky R or R5 body.

If you have the EF-M 32 there is no need for this lens. The 32 is in a different class man. More like the quality of the 35 L II on APS-C...

Love my 32.

I really don't see why Canon has chosen for a compact design over great IQ for this RF 50mm. We already have M for compactness..... For the non f/1.2 we should have gotten something on par with the RF 85mm IS f/2.0.

The reason is that Canon likely had to leave space for a future RF 50mm f/1.4 at around $800.

I'm afraid we won't ever see a lens like that from Canon......

Canon produced 50mm f/1.4 lenses for their S range (1952), FL range (1965, 66 & 68), FD range (1971 & 73), New FD range (1979) and EF range (1993). Why wouldn't they produce an RF version? Ok, the EF version took six years to arrive, but never say never...

six years....

Both too long ago and too far away in the future. That's a kind of never to me.

I'm hoping to shoot pictures of my kids before they are grown up adults you know. There really exists something as "too late".

-- hide signature --

I love 50mm (equivalence)

thunder storm's gear list:thunder storm's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 35-80mm f/4.0-5.6 III +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
Jx9
(unknown member)
Jx9
Jx9
Jx9
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow