Printing yourself and buying prints

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ninjagowoo
ninjagowoo Regular Member • Posts: 165
Re: Printing yourself and buying prints

I'm in doubt for a while now to take the plunge into printing and want to but the whole printing thing can become quite complex fast, right? To convince myself I though why not sell some prints in the end? On the other hand I wonder on how others are doing this and what the experiences are.

I'm a hobbyist only so take this with a grain of salt but I absolutely loathe printers. I feel like they were designed to be fail-prone and only last for 6months... Anyway, depending on how often you print I find it's usually more economical (and reliable) to send to a printer. I've been using Costco for a while now and have no complaints. I've found they're also great for photobooks. If I were you, I would see what was available from commercial printers before going down the DIY route. Most of them even have decent support to help you get the results you want. If you're aiming to sell, you also have the advantage of knowing the exact cost of materials vs trying to calculate it after you buy all your own materials.

ninjagowoo's gear list:ninjagowoo's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow