Best NR software for High ISO on R5

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
johncal Contributing Member • Posts: 507
Re: I Tried a "shootout" with DXO today

Here's the results I was able to obtain. Unfortunately, the image is a little bit soft due to the size of the bird in relationship to the frame, and possibly the focus is off a tiny bit, but you'll notice some parts of the bird are sharper than others to start.

The first image is DXO only with a tiny bit of micro-contrast added only for sharpening. Unfortunately, this adds noise so I used the Deep Prime on standard setting which reduces the noise back to original or a little less.

In the second image, I used Photoshop and added "sharpen more" to the birds body only using a mask and a pixel feather of 3 pixels to bring back more detail where you don't really notice the noise. But that's about all I could squeeze out.

DXO Only

DXO and Photoshop sharpening of birds body

It's still a really nice shot though. It's hard to get those little wings that still 

johncal's gear list:johncal's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS R Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Tamron 28-300mm F3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow