How to use new SSD and HDD drives most effectively

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Sean Nelson
Sean Nelson Forum Pro • Posts: 14,156
Re: How to use new SSD and HDD drives most effectively

WryCuda wrote:

Sean Nelson wrote:

WryCuda wrote:

There's so much more to MS-Word than the trivial issue of opening a file. I'm thinking of Templates and Styles, plus a host of other options.

I find Quick Access to be invaluable because I don't use the standard Windows documents folders, so when I use those dialogue boxes it saves me from having to constantly navigate all the way down from "This PC" through the root folder of my data drive to find the folders I want.

Nobody is seriously going to use the "standard" Windows document folders, and "navigating all the way down" as you suggest would indeed be amateurish.

You keep ignoring the point I'm making about being able to use Quick Access links within File Open and Save As dialogue boxes. Of course I have links on my desktop to access my folders, but to get to those links from a file dialogue box is more work than just going via Quick Access.

(Side note:  I don't actually have links on the desktop itself, because those are hidden by whatever programs are open.  I have the links on the Quick Launch toolbar which is always visible at the bottom of the screen).

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow