Any serious cyclist AND photographer here?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
D Lynch Veteran Member • Posts: 5,096
Re: Any serious cyclist AND photographer here?

Dismayed wrote:

shineofleo wrote:

I

Not sure if I qualify as serious - I rode throughout Europe for a summer after I finished graduate school, so my bicycle was relatively inexpensive. And I was touring, so I had 25-30 lbs. of gear. But I did ride over 2,000 miles, and I crossed 3 major passes in the Swiss Alps.

I agree that taking photos while riding is dangerous. That's something to avoid because road rash is painful.

My advice would be to think about your priorities. I would usually stop for breaks when there was beautiful scenery, and I'd often pull out my camera and take a few shots.

Club rides? Are nice photos important enough to drop back from the fastest riders? You could get nice shots of folks who are a bit slower than the fastest riders, and the other club members would likely appreciate any photos that you choose to share with them.

You'll be shooting photos in decent light, so even smaller sensors should perform well. Perhaps something that will fit easily in the rear pocket of a cycling jersey.

I was a ski instructor for a long time. I had a part time photo business. I ruined a trip to Vail by taking all my photo gear, in case I needed it.

Life's about choices.

My friend who is a good photographer showed me his shirt-pocket size camera with a fixed lens.  He helped me a lot.

Since then I've always had a small, light weight camera to compliment my dslr or mirrorless system.

-- hide signature --

Canada

D Lynch's gear list:D Lynch's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow