OLY MFT -> Fuji X-S10 - First Impressions

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
robert1955 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,346
Re: OLY MFT -> Fuji X-S10 - First Impressions

LarsPolarBear wrote:

This thread is mostly aimed at m43 shooters that are looking for an alternative (especially after the Oly sale to JIP) and might consider the Fuji X-S10.

Welcome, I'm not in that group, but I've found this a very interesting read.

--

Menu System and Operations:

Even though, the Oly menu system having been heavily criticised, I kind of liked it due to the ability to customise basically everything. Well, the Fuji menu system is as confusing to someone new to it, as the Oly system, and it offers a (almost) ridiculous amount of customisation. Yes, you have to read the manual (I am still on it) - unfortunately the manual is as bad as the Oly one, keeping things more obscure to those who are not in the know, than really explaining the function, especially beginner will struggle with it.

Maybe you have already seen it, but this thread https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4535768 where a spreadsheet with all possible settings is shown may of interest.

Pictures and PP Workflow:

-- hide signature --

Currently I am still struggling a little with the PP workflow. My main software is LR 6.14 and Pixelmator Pro (I hate subscription models), which are both not compatible with the X-S10's RAW files, so I have to convert to DNG. I have tried Adobe DNG Converter and Iridient X-Transformer, but am not fully convinced yet.

What are you not satisfied with, workflow or output?

-- hide signature --

Cheers,

Lars

PS: Here some of my first attempt, as said this is just the beginning...

Great shots, but some are a tad too dark for my liking. Are you setting Time and Aperture manually?

robert1955's gear list:robert1955's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow