Need Mirrorless Upgrade Advice - Please

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pekored
pekored Regular Member • Posts: 344
Need Mirrorless Upgrade Advice - Please

Hello, I currently have a Nikon D500 and my main lens is the 16-80mm f/2.8-4.  I am looking to upgrade to the new Nikon Z6ii and will sell my older kit towards it.

My main problem is in the lens selection.  I understand that opinions vary, but I really love the 16-80 and the quality it delivers.  Delivering an equivalent angle from a 24-120mm lens is just perfect for me.  My main photographic interests are in landscapes, travel, stills and some people/family photos.  I am not into much low-light photography and thus would be quite happy with f/4.

Now the details.  The reviews I have read on the Z 24-70 f/4 as a kit lens have sounded just excellent.  With full frame and 4 million more pixels, I am sure that image quality would exceed what I am currently getting.  The concern is 70mm versus 120mm.  I reviewed some of my favourite photo folders and out of 632 pics, 73 were in the range above 70mm - 12%.

I have also read reviews on the Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 and it too seems very good.  I am torn as image quality is important and I would be happy to limit myself to a 70mm maximum.

After reading my 'saga' which Z lens would you recommend:  24-70 or 24-200?

Thanks so very much!

pekored's gear list:pekored's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Tamron 70-210mm F4 +1 more
Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow