M4/3 reliable sports camera?

Started Dec 31, 2019 | Discussions thread
rsmithgi Senior Member • Posts: 2,350
Re: M4/3 reliable sports camera? Chain link

Skeeterbytes wrote:

Going through the catalog today, here's an example where the E-M1 would have jumped focus and the M1ii does not.

infield guy in front, fence and signage behind, camera stays on runners

Progress!

ETA And here's where the fencing wins.

TBF the error was probably mine, not getting accurate focus at the beginning of the sequence (it's not continuous with the shot above, but later in the lap). Later in the sequence, focus reacquires the runners.

It's typical of the varied challenges presented by sports and when you're not familiar with the venue, or don't have freedom to roam, you have to find ways to overcome these sketchy conditions.

Cheers,

Rick

p.s. This was the kid's final and only track meet of 2020 and proved to be her last HS sporting event. Some season.

Well my attempt to try out the E-M5.3 was blocked today by covid restrictions at the field. It was in a HS stadium field and the parents were not allowed inside the stadium. We had to stay outside the stadiums and we were a good distance off and had two chain link fences between us and the game.

Tomorrow is the last game of the fall season and I'll try again. After that, I'll have to wait until March or April when the Spring season starts.

rsmithgi's gear list:rsmithgi's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
dav
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow