Nikon and their binoculars.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Gerry Siegel
Gerry Siegel Veteran Member • Posts: 3,120
Re: Nikon, a legendary optics supplier

In addition to the early Canons, Nikon once upon a time supplied most of the Bronica MF model lenses in medium format size.

Nikon also has a place in microscopy and other medical and technical applications.

No, I would not see a demise of this old and well established brand. Who knows, maybe they work on astronomic applications for space craft..?  Or optics for orbiting spy sattelites, (we do not know we do not need to know...)  And there is a growing Japan SDForce needing optics as well.

I owned one of their well made field microscopes for a while. Nikon will always be around. All companies relying on manufacture must re adjust to the times. Often that means finding another labor source country.

Or licensing. Pentax is still afloat. by alliances, last I saw. Of course bad news gets more play than good news. Good news is that we still have some awesome choices in both cameras and phones and binoculars and telescopes.

Gerry Siegel's gear list:Gerry Siegel's gear list
Panasonic ZS100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow