Nikon z6 ii control rings and buttons - suggested customisations?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Morgs_B
OP Morgs_B Forum Member • Posts: 56
Re: Nikon z6 ii control rings and buttons - suggested customisations?

ipopov wrote:

1. Anyone know how to centre the selected zoom area, once zoomed in? Rather than waiting . . till . . yellow . . . box . . . . . gets . . . . . . . zzzzzz.

Joystick press (which I assigned to center focus point) snaps the zoom area to the center for me.

Weird, just assigned joystick press to the same (zoom on fn1) and it definitely doesn't for me.

2. I still don't know how to manually change ISO, and seems it can't be done with either wheel!? Front wheel turns of auto-ISO, then what!? EDIT: The yellow ISO appears after turning OFF auto-iso (thus allowing manual-ISO to be set with back wheel) - I was confused thinking this was auto-ISO (saw yellow, didn't read ).
When auto-iso selected it allows the ISO to be changed with back wheel too, yet this is NOT changing manual-ISO but setting auto-ISO parameters (i think - max, min auto-iso?).

The front wheel switches Auto-ISO mode on and off. With Auto-ISO mode off, the back wheel changes ISO; with Auto-ISO on, the back wheel changes minimum value Auto-ISO will use. Maximum value is set in the menu.

This is what I'm confused about - I HAVE set it in menu, yet once I select something in auto-ISO with the front wheel, as you've described, I can't see this value having any affect.

Morgs_B's gear list:Morgs_B's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon Z6 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow