Z7 or not?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vwcrusher Regular Member • Posts: 398
Z7 or not?

Hi All,

I could use some advice; over the past bunch of years I was into humming bird photography, and have enjoyed my D7200 immensely. More recently I have moved on to landscapes, both near and far. Also, I am tending to print very large (2x3 or larger).

I got to thinking perhaps I need to upgrade to a full frame system. In doing a bit of research it seems that the z6 will provide improved low light and DR, but not necessarily sharpness, as it has the same quantity of MPs as my 7200. Is this logic sound or am I missing something?

To perhaps help in the recommendation, I am not at all interested in sports or video photography, in other words speed. In fact I normally put just one focus point in the center of the viewscreen and use a back button to lock focus then recompose and initiate shutter release...so I don't necessarily need many of the more recent multiple focus points (if this is a factor at all).

Thanks for the help   : )

vwcrusher's gear list:vwcrusher's gear list
Sony a7R II
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7200 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow