Z's 802.11ac near field transfer rate

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michael Firstlight Veteran Member • Posts: 4,059
Z's 802.11ac near field transfer rate

Can someone tell me the transfer rate they are getting in near-field use of the Z's wi-fi using wireless AC (802.11ac) say, within, say, 20-30 feet of the router? Wayyyy back (Nikon D300 days) I built my own wireless transmitter to work with Camera Control 2 and (even to this day) get upwards of 300-400Mbps transfer rate using my jury-rigged Wireless USB2 transmitter/receiver pair which was even decent for wireless transfer of my D800 36MP RAW+JPEG pairs, but the solution was cludgy (it cost me all of $75 and a few hours to build) and I've been using it in the studio ever since as nothing else really had that kind of transfer rate until more recent solutions like the newer CamRanger and manufacturer's bolt-on cludges. etc. Now that I'm seriously considering a Z7II as my first foray into mirrorless I'd love to know from someone that uses the Z's 802.11ac in near field what your actual transfer rate is given 45MP RAW and JPEG files. I think anything over 500Mbps would be acceptable and I know AC is capable of even faster transfer rates.

I don't want theory - I want actual observed hands-on rates given those parameters.

Thanks in advance.

-- hide signature --

The one thing everyone can agree on is that film photography has its negatives. It even has its positives and internegatives.

Michael Firstlight's gear list:Michael Firstlight's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +29 more
Nikon D300 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow