Photo Files in iPhone 12Pro

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
napper84 New Member • Posts: 1
Photo Files in iPhone 12Pro

I just upgraded from the iPhone 7 to the iPhone 12Pro. I use a Windows-based computer to manage all my photos, using drag and drop to move photos off the iPhone into folders on my computer desktop.

With the new 12Pro, I've noticed that whenever I take a photo using the Square or 16:9 settings, the phone creates two directory files for each photo. One is titled IMG_####.jpg (and does not have the Square/16:9 dimensions applied) and the other is titled IMG_E####.jpg (which has the correct dimensions).

The iPhone 7 only created one .jpg file when I took square photos (the 16:9 setting was not an option with that model). Is there any way to change the settings on the 12Pro so that I don't have duplicate files? I'd prefer not to have to scan through all my photo files to find the duplicates. A third file is also created with the extension .aae - these are easy enough to ignore when I grab the photos off the phone, but it would be great if I could get those to stop being generated as well.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow