I picked up a cheap Fuji S5 pro

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Buttons252
Buttons252 Senior Member • Posts: 1,476
I picked up a cheap Fuji S5 pro

I just picked up a Fuji S5 pro from facebook really cheap. I forgot how amazing and terrible this camera is. I had one for a few months 7 years ago, didnt like it enough to hang on to it. I ended up selling that camera for a $300 profit

1.) I love the ergonomics

2.) i love the sensor at iso 100

3.) holy crap, you can push 2.5 stops of exposure and not ruin skin tones!

Compared against my X-H1, the two features i miss the most are IBIS and tilting rear LCD. I dont especially trust the autofocus to catch eyes, so i like to manual focus and zoom in live view which the S5 actually supports. However the angles i am using is very difficult to see what i am doing. My X-H1 i typically shoot iso 400, 1/30th, F2 with natural indoor light with good results. This S5 pro at iso 100, needs 1/15th at F1.8 for proper exposure. I got some good results tonight using a monopod but again, very difficult to compose.

Buttons252's gear list:Buttons252's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR XF 90mm Tamron SP 35mm F1.4 Di USD
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-H1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow