How to use new SSD and HDD drives most effectively

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
skyglider Veteran Member • Posts: 5,752
Re: How to use new SSD and HDD drives most effectively

WryCuda wrote:

skyglider wrote:

WryCuda wrote:

If you delete an email on your phone, does it disappear from your main computer? If so, you are using IMAP.

Very easy way to determine if using IMAP. Good idea.

Some of the earlier advice on file management when using MS-Word etc. was very amateurish. I suggest browsing your data folders and opening files as required.

It appears you are addressing my post on using Quick Access in File Explorer:
Please explain the difference between "browsing your data folders and opening files as required" as opposed to using the Quick Access links in windows File Explorer. How is using Quick Access very amateurish. I'm open to learning.

Just browsing using Windows File Explorer is quick enough access, and the same procedure is extensible for shared folders over the network.

We have thousands of files that are opened quite often, and it's not practical to have special links to them.

Having quick access links just enhances browsing using windows File Explorer.  It does not detract from browsing using File Explorer in any way whatsoever.  It just provides an extra quick link to commonly used folders and is especially useful when using the save dialog.

I really don't see how you can call it "very amateurish" when it is in fact very much the opposite.

Sky

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow