How to use new SSD and HDD drives most effectively

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Sean Nelson
Sean Nelson Forum Pro • Posts: 14,191
Re: How to use new SSD and HDD drives most effectively

WryCuda wrote:

It appears you are addressing my post on using Quick Access in File Explorer:
Please explain the difference between "browsing your data folders and opening files as required" as opposed to using the Quick Access links in windows File Explorer. How is using Quick Access very amateurish. I'm open to learning.

Just browsing using Windows File Explorer is quick enough access, and the same procedure is extensible for shared folders over the network.

The value of the "Quick Access" special folder is that it's directly available in File Open and Save As dialogue boxes, which makes it easy to access commonly-used folders.

I deliberately keep my own data in separate folders on my data drive (as opposed to the system drive). I don't use any of the standard Windows folders for my data ("Documents", "Downloads", "Pictures" etc.) because various programs tend to clutter them up with a lot of junk I have no interest in. I have Quick Access links to the root of my own main folders, which makes it easy for me to navigate to the particular subfolder I want in any program that needs to open or save files.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow