Leica D-Lux 7 - scarcity of information.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
sprocket-docket Regular Member • Posts: 228
Re: Leica D-Lux 7 - scarcity of information.

purpwaltz wrote:

Bob wrote:

Thank you for that very helpful comment. Specs aside, how does it feel in your hands? Is it responsive? Can you power on, focus, and shoot quickly enough to catch a unique moment?

I love the feel of the camera. The fact that aperture, shutter speed, exposure compensation and even form factor are available as dials/switches is a huge plus for me and my style of shooting. The EVF is excellent too. Probably the only thing I miss in the camera from a usability perspective is not having a tilt screen.

Power-on - it takes ~2 seconds from power on to being ready to trigger the shutter. So depending on your preference you may want to have the camera on at all times.

Focus - AF is quick and precise. Zooming with the zoom rocker seems a little sluggish, but not a deal-breaker, at least for me.

The camera also has a setting where it can "remember" the last used zoom setting prior to power off - this can be useful to some people.

Overall I am very pleased with the D-Lux7. It is pricey for sure, but I believe that you get a beautifully built camera that handles well.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Mahesh

I'd like to know something about the operation and interface. For instance, are the RAWs still saved as DNG? Can you edit RAWs in-camera? Is there still the L Monochrome and L Monochrome D JPEG modes from the LX100ii?

I could see the advantage of getting the Leica version if the RAWs are DNG, since I still use LR6. But actually a big part of the draw of the most recent Panasonic bodies is their JPEG processing, it has gotten really excellent. Especially L Monochrome D.

sprocket-docket's gear list:sprocket-docket's gear list
Ricoh GR III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF7 Pentax KP +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow