Nikon and their binoculars.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Gerry Siegel
Gerry Siegel Veteran Member • Posts: 3,131
Re: Nikon and their binoculars.

cutterpup wrote:

I just did a quick search, personal interest I own 2 pair of Nikon bins and a Nikon spotting scope. Plenty are showing up in the USA. Hope they stay in the game. They make a good range of mid-level optics.

I enjoy the porro prism 10 by 50 Nikon Action Extreme pair. Weather resistant, crisp lenses, not light weight but good value.. For travel I invested in a roof prism medium price pair by Pentax.
My Pentax light weight waterproof 10X 50 model cost about US 450 but it has great visual quality...one can really spend way more as you know,  if you want ED glass and such, no, no,  you need not reach that investment level for most uses.

A good set is an augment to your eyes and so I say do not cheap out, they do of course last a lifetime - or way more.  Even old Zeiss style models are still kicking around. Mariners are hot on Fujinons and that is another great name.

So I think you will find a variety of good optics for birding or sight seeing and for bikini watching when the virus lets us all back to the beach...I jest

....but a good pair of binoculars is great also for back yard astronomy. I just read about a conjunction of Jupiter and Venus...rare, really rare cosmic event... And yep, winter skies are great astro watching via binos. You will find some keep looking. aloha, gs

PS. In regards to supply in your country, I can only add that both B and H and Adorama typically stock a wide variety at decent prices and both outfits are equipped to take orders from well just about anywhere on the planet. And from manned orbiting sattelites too I am guessing

Gerry Siegel's gear list:Gerry Siegel's gear list
Panasonic ZS100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow