D-850 replacement wishes

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Rexgig0 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,978
Re: D850 Replacement

I have yet to encounter anything that would want changed. I reckon that I would appreciate a faster frame rate, without having to attach an external battery grip. I do appreciate the D5’s frame rate, at times, but have yet to be vexed by my D850 being too slow.

Because the D6 exists, Nikon would logically equip a D850 successor with some AF DNA trickled-down from the D6. I have never experienced using a D6, so, cannot say whether I would fully appreciate this improvement.

The D850 does have a loud shutter, but, if I plan ahead, I have a work-around for that, my Canon 5Ds R.

I tend to doubt that there will be a DSLR successor models, to replace the D850 or D500. I foresee the possibility of adding a second D850, to act as a hedge against the eventual demise of my first D850.

-- hide signature --

By accident of availability, I learned to use Canon and Nikon DSLRs at the same time. I love specific lenses made by both Canon and Nikon, too much to quit either system. Dabbling with Leica-M is fun, too. I am, certainly, not an expert.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED +56 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow