I took the gamble.. Cheap X system focal reducer/speed booster Issue.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SjorsDW
SjorsDW Regular Member • Posts: 133
I took the gamble.. Cheap X system focal reducer/speed booster Issue.

Today my cheap Chinese Pixco focal reducer arrived (Nikon to Fuji). First of all, im really impressed with the build quality.. It's a nice all metal/glass build. However there is one problem!

The optics are threaded inside the adapter and it is possible to rotate the the optical cilinder both ways (towards the Nikon mount OR towards the Fuji camera mount). Because of this I have absolutely no idea how far it needs to turned until it is the correct position. In other words they didn't use threadlock to fixate the whole thing.

The only thing I can do is compare the position of the pictures online and turn my cilinder into my adaptor until it looks similar (assuming that the adaptor of pictures online are in the correct position). And then use Loctite (threadlock) to fixate everything.

I can also take test shots of course or test IQ sharpness, but Im not sure if that works.. maybe the wrong position only results in more distortion? 
Thanks in advance guys!

SjorsDW's gear list:SjorsDW's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow