How many pros switched from D-SLR to ML (if any)?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Giovanni_1968
Giovanni_1968 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,191
How many pros switched from D-SLR to ML (if any)?

With the new Zs and the hype about ML generally talking I wonder how many professionals switched from a D-SLR to a ML body.

Last April I got a D850 to substitute the passed away D800, I am no pro by any means, I like to take semi-candid portraits and casual photo of friends and guests and I am very tempted by a Z6II (maybe next year) and, so far, it seems reflex is dead by reading the various photo related websites.

I have no direct experience with ML exception done with a very first iteration of a Fuji camera, the X-Pro1, I imagine new ones being a whole different world but, besides it being a DX and not taking the best out of my adapted FF luminous lenses, it sure has its advantages among which, for my personal interest, to adapt old MF lenses, I wonder if any pro got rid of reflex to jump both feet on ML and if the expense (in Nikon's case it seems lenses are way more expensive than already expensive reflex ones) was worth.

Just wondering...

-- hide signature --

Giovanni - 70% GAS affected
http://www.flickr.com/photos/giovanniaprea/
Nikon D850 - Nikon D800 - Nikon D2Xs - Fuji S5Pro - Nikon F - Nikon F3
J.A. Michell Gyrodec - Audio Research SP-9 - Aeron AP-890 - JBL4311B - JBL L220
JN70CN - 14.14.30E 40.32.40N

Giovanni_1968's gear list:Giovanni_1968's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D2Xs Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +16 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow