IBIS for old age?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Forum Pro • Posts: 11,631
Re: IBIS for old age?

jerryf128 wrote:

Hi all,

Currently, I have the X-T2 and the 2 xc lenses. I shoot mostly landscape, daylight , images, some low light. At 80 yrs. of age, I am unsteady, I don't use tripods, and just wondering if using the X-H1 under the conditions described, would be of any help. By shooting daylight shooting at higher shutter speeds, is there a benefit using IBIS or little to no gain?

Thanks

Hi Jerry,

It depends on the shutter speed and focal length.  However, under the conditions you describe it sure would not hurt and would most likely help.  Most likely in landscapes you are shooting stopped down for DOF hence at slower shutter speeds.  Well low light is low light.

Taking into account all the caveats - shutter speed and not IBIS is the only cure for subject motion - the XH1 would be a great choice for you.

-- hide signature --

_____
"The winds of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears," Arabic Proverb
__
Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow