For those who debate the ability of the Z50 and kit lenses in sports

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Armando Bandero Junior Member • Posts: 47
Re: For those who debate the ability of the Z50 and kit lenses in sports

David Lumsden wrote:

inlawbiker wrote:

David Lumsden wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

I don't mean to be a Debbie-downer, but I would argue that your images are arguing the opposite point of that which you are intending them to. There's nothing wrong with them as family snapshots, but for those interested in sports images, they aren't exactly the quality I would aim for.

Can you specify the areas where these images fall short of professional quality?

There are distracting background elements that cannot be blurred out because the lens doesn't have a fast aperture.

Hmm...let’s see...

Sorry 😢, couldn’t resist it.

You could probably achieve such shots with the right background and technique, additionally you can fix the composition and other issues like poles growing directly out of the helmets.

But aside from all that, nobody can doubt the Z50's ability to grab excellent images with this relatively cheap and small lens. The photographer got drama and eyes in the shots which is what you're trying for after all.

Greg

I believe that the OP did not post these examples to achieve an award winning picture for composition.  It was to show that the Z50 is quite capable to use for sports photography, in which case, he has achieved his goal.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow