definitely a keeper after 4 years

Started 3 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
annettep38
annettep38 Regular Member • Posts: 126
definitely a keeper after 4 years

I have had it for 4 years now and really like the almost distortion free results. the results are stunning as you can imagine and it is bright enough to work even at night hand held.

Just don't trust your built in meter if you want to take the night sky.

the build quality is excellent, much better then expected after I dropped it once. There is a sunshield with it, but it is best regarded as protection. You will fight with reflexes, but then what do you expect at 12mm, it is better than you'd think.

The only thing that annoys me a bit is the softness in the corners.

Please check for yourself in this photo.

the tree is bent, that is not the lens . The centre is perfectly sharp, but the corners always want cropping.

-- hide signature --

https://500px.com/AnnetteFlottwell
stolen: , my 24-70 nº297446 and my 85 1.4 AI 197908 REWARD for finding my stuff the rest is back thanks to WR from Cartago and Cañas OIJ

annettep38's gear list:annettep38's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED-IF VR Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF +9 more
Venus Laowa 12mm F2.8 Zero-D
Prime lens • Canon EF, Canon RF, L-Mount, Nikon F (FX), Nikon Z, Pentax KAF2, Sony/Minolta Alpha, Sony FE
Announced: Jul 26, 2016
annettep38's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow