Minor rant about Canons supply issues

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chris Giles
Chris Giles Regular Member • Posts: 388
Minor rant about Canons supply issues

I get that Canon had difficulties with the R5 supply chain and accept that, even though I ordered in August and it arrived towards the end of October that there would be some sort of wait.

What I cannot get over is just how they could offer a free adapter for it but not have the corresponding stock. It's not as if there was a massive rush of demand in excess of the production run of the R5 and R6 so you would think any company of this size and competence would have ensured it.

But, nope. I applied for my Adapter on the 22nd October, it was validated and yesterday, 3rd December I got this:

*Update on your Canon EF-EOS R Mount Adapter*

'We want to give you an update on your Canon EF - EOS R Mount Adapter claim.

Due to higher than expected customer demand — as well as the present situation with Covid - 19 — we are experiencing a delay on this item.

We know you’re eager to get your hands on the adapter, and we’re doing our very best to fulfil your claim as soon as possible.

We’ll be in touch as soon as we have an update for you. We’re sorry for this delay and thank you for your patience.'

I mean, it's a metal ring with contacts at the end of each side. What's so difficult?

Canon EOS R5 Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow