My experience with the Bird AI mode

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BanditBiker Regular Member • Posts: 382
My experience with the Bird AI mode

Updated the camera to the new firmware - failed many times; had to move to a different computer and try a couple of times before succeeding. I was nervous after the first few; thought of returning the camera (got it less than 2 weeks ago) if it failed to update one more time!

By the time I got out of the house it was already getting dark and our neighborhood's resident Red Tailed Hawk(s) didn't show up at the usual location. I was left searching for small birds to try out. The new mode didn't disappoint. It was fun to watch the camera frame the bird and then frame the face (if fully visible). It did a great job even with birds between twigs. On birds in the clear, the lock was almost instantaneous. Once it became too dark, the camera struggled to lock into focus. I could see the bird in focus but the frame would still be "red". I didn't get a chance to try with regular CAF mode but I remember being successful earlier under such dim lighting.

Here are some pics of birds (and one Horse at sunset - the camera framed the horse perfectly :))

regards,

-ramu

BanditBiker's gear list:BanditBiker's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Sony a7 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow