What? No Film Fridays?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Autonerd Senior Member • Posts: 1,374
Re: What? No Film Fridays?

Bob Janes wrote:

kojack wrote:

I would love to write a column here. I contacted them about a couple of different ideas but never heard back. I am chomping at the bit to write more. If anyone here knows some of the guys who run DP now, tell them I am open to sharing some ideas with them. I am not a professional photographer by any means, but I have some entertaining writing chops no matter what I write about and have a huge interest in NON mainstream gear etc.

Contact Hamish over at 35mmc...

I agree -- if you can't get traction here, try Hamish at 35mmc and Stephen Dowling at Kosmo Foto (he pays in Kosmo Mono film!). Getting published elsewhere may help here -- that's what got them interested in me. (I actually have to finish a review for Kosmo.)

I haven't done anything with FStoppers, but having read the film-related stuff they've done differently ... well, clearly they could use some help. I haven't reached out to them because I'm very happy with my association with DPR.

I don't think many places are looking for new-gear reviews, they seem to prefer to do that stuff in-house, but DPR (as you've seen) has bought several opinion and how-to pieces from me. IF you don't hear back, remember they probably get a lot of solicitations... I am employed by a publication in the non-photography field and my inbox is filled with PR pitches, most of them irrelevant.

Aaron

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow