Lens cap jammed on new RF 70-200 f/2.8

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Brand New Regular Member • Posts: 259
Re: Lens cap jammed on new RF 70-200 f/2.8

ProDude wrote:

Brand New wrote:

ProDude wrote:

Hard to imagine one of their top lenses let alone the $2700 price tag could have such poor QC. I nearly bought one last week but backed out. Guess I'm not sorry I did. I'm sure those are great lenses. But how that happened is quite the mystery.

B&H resells returns. Most likely another buyer returned it after damaging it and it somehow didn't get checked before it got shipped back out. I got about 6 RF lenses in a row from B&H that were returns or open boxes.

You might want to talk to HenryP on that one from B&H who is here a lot. It was my understanding that when you buy new it comes from a warehouse where they only have new items, they don't get, store or keep used or returned items. Return items by law are considered "open box" and it was my understanding that B&H sells them accordingly.

Thanks, but I've already switched to a different store where I can get actual, brand new lenses and I'm happy with them. The lenses I was sent *may* have been perfectly fine, but when it's been in some other customer's possession for 30 days (or even more than one customer), who knows if it got dropped, mishandled, etc., and I don't want to take that risk on $2500+ items.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow