Lens cap jammed on new RF 70-200 f/2.8

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Brand New Regular Member • Posts: 259
Re: Lens cap jammed on new RF 70-200 f/2.8

Dan W wrote:

Brand New wrote:

ProDude wrote:

Hard to imagine one of their top lenses let alone the $2700 price tag could have such poor QC. I nearly bought one last week but backed out. Guess I'm not sorry I did. I'm sure those are great lenses. But how that happened is quite the mystery.

B&H resells returns. Most likely another buyer returned it after damaging it and it somehow didn't get checked before it got shipped back out. I got about 6 RF lenses in a row from B&H that were returns or open boxes.

I worked at a camera store years ago, Canon cameras and lenses are not sealed. How would you know if it was an open box or a return unless there was missing paperwork or missing wrapping. An FYI, B&H has publicly stated they don't resell returns, they either get returned to factory or marked and sold as open box.

No, B&H has not publicly stated they don't resell returns.  In fact, I'm pretty sure they have said that if a return comes back and look "as new" to them, they will resell it.  Adorama at one point publicly stated they didn't resell returns, but they seem to have backed away from that.  It's very easy to tell a lens was an open box/return, especially when it's caked in dust and has fingerprints on it, and in one case has a dust spec inside the lens on top of everything else.  Then add to that, a manufacture date that's old (i.e. 10-11 months ago for a popular lens that would sell through quickly at a store as big as B&H).

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow