First Stab With The R5 and Sigma 14-24 f2.8 DG HSM

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ProDude Senior Member • Posts: 1,878
First Stab With The R5 and Sigma 14-24 f2.8 DG HSM

Just had the white truck drop off my new 14-24 f2.8 DG HSM for Canon. It of course uses an adapter which I got the other day and it is the Canon adapter no frills. So I just checked to make sure the firmware was up to date with the included Sigma device you mount the camera on and plug into their software via USB. It was up to date.

I wanted to see how the distortion was inside the home as that is what I'm primarily going to use it for in my Real Estate shooting. So far I'm pretty impressed. Straight walls not bowing or bent. The sharpness across the field seems quite good indeed. The home shots were at f2.8 as I figured I'd look at worst case scenario. Not too weak considering it's wide open

The outdoor shot I stopped down to f5.6 just for a tad more sharpness across the frame and that worked out nicely. This is built as if it were going to go into war. All metal and solid as a brick outhouse (and just as heavy too). But it's actually very stable to shoot with as a result of it's weight but it is perfectly balanced on my gripped R5 so not a biggie. I'll play some more with it but I doubt it would have issues from what I'm seeing so far. I'll keep you posted. Here's a few samples

-- hide signature --

Name the gear and I've probably owned it and used it.

ProDude's gear list:ProDude's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Art Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM +17 more
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow