What? No Film Fridays?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Parry Johnson
OP Parry Johnson Senior Member • Posts: 1,899
Re: What? No Film Fridays?

kojack wrote:

I would love to write a column here. I contacted them about a couple of different ideas but never heard back. I am chomping at the bit to write more. If anyone here knows some of the guys who run DP now, tell them I am open to sharing some ideas with them. I am not a professional photographer by any means, but I have some entertaining writing chops no matter what I write about and have a huge interest in NON mainstream gear etc.

Everybody's cutting back these days, and I'm sure this site is also one that would rather pay writers that promote newer, more expensive products -- that's the way it's always been, I suppose.

However, when it comes to film photography, it's often for the love or creativity, not just making money; and I'm in that category, too.

All that said, I simply don't have the time to write the articles I want to do, especially if it's for free.  It's a sad fact that photographers are often taken advantage, and writers close behind!

Parry Johnson's gear list:Parry Johnson's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D7100 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +21 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow